Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Royal Castle Brewery: Friedenfels Hefe-weissbier

When you go to a packie and see that they are doing a tasting, if you are anything like me you will go over and test some beers. That's just what I did a couple of days ago at my local packie. After sparking up a conversation with the guy in charge of the tasting, I found out that he worked for Night Shift Distribution. Now there's a difference between Night Shift Brewing and Night Shift Distribution. Night Shift Distribution is the company that is distributing all of Night Shift Brewing's beer, and they have decided to bring some beers over from Germany and let me tell you this ... they are some gems. Friedenfelser is a hefe-weissbier that will make you want to travel all the way to Germany. This beer was absolutely amazing and it might have taken over the top spot for my favorite hefe. Friedenfelser comes in a one pint bottle and it's 5.2% ABV. It is a deep golden color with a white fluffy head when poured into a weizen style glass. On first sip you pick up notes of banana, caramel, and a little citrus. Everything blends together well, without being too overpowering. The crisp and smooth nature of this beer makes it an easy drinker. I enjoyed this one so much that I will definitely be going back to pick up some more. 

2 comments: