Sunday, August 20, 2017

Backlash Beer Company: Citra Salute 8%

I was excited to find out that Backlash was coming out with a citra version of Salute. I've tried a lot of their beers in the past and have been very happy with them. This was not the case with salute this time around. I was kind of disappointed with it. I think it has to do with the fact that I was building this one up in my head to be a juice bomb. I don't know why that is, they never said it was, but in my mind I figured it would be. Overall it was still a decent DIPA. It was a hop forward double with a smooth upfront taste and a slight bitterness finish. I found it to have a bitter aftertaste that would just linger around for a little bit. You definitely could smell some citrus as I was drinking it from the can. At the end of the day I will give Citra Salute another go to try to win me over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment